I took myself outside my comfort zone in doing this card. I do not do a lot of mixed media, nor do I work with acrylic paints often, but I did have fun!
I am working with acrylic paper as well. It has a heavier texture than most papers, and handles the acrylic paint wonderfully, and believe me, there is a lot of paint on this card.
I first die the flower panel, stamping the image on the acrylic paper, making several passes using Versa Fine Clair Nocturne ink. Due to the textures, the image did not transfer completely with the flower centres, so I coloured them in with my Nuvo Aqua Flow pen in Obsidian Black. I then heat embossed the panel with clear embossing powder.
I then proceeded to add the paint using a credit card to swipe the paint across the paper, keeping some light parts as well as dark parts. From previous experience I have learned to do the process in this order. Not matter how much I powdered the service when doing the paint before the stamping, the stamping did not bode well. The acrylic paint does deaden the colours of the image, so I again stamped with the Versa Fine ink and heat embossed with the clear embossing powder.
I did not have any card stock that I thought would look good with my floral panel, so I made another piece, again using the acrylic paints and paper for my background and once dry I attached the panel to a black card base.
Using my Cut-Align small ruler I cut the pieces of the floral panel, along with some black matting for the cut pieces. I used the ruler again to measure placement of my pieces on my card front. I then stamped my sentiment in my mini Misti and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder, the attached with foam squares to my card.
This was a fun change of pace for me and I hope you have enjoyed it as well. Thank you for visiting today, following are affiliate link to the products I used at no cost to you.