Hello all. I am back today with my card using another one of the Shaving Cream Backgrounds that I did in April. You can find the details of the backgrounds here.
For this card today I am using a Vicki Boutin Stamp Set called Wildflowers. The set comes with the matching dies and is reasonably priced.
With the stencilled background I wanted to have something bold. I decided to use this stamp set as I love that bold bloom and I knew it would look fabulous in a bold colour.
To change my design up a bit I die cut the stencilled background using my stitched rectangle die set. I then die cut another piece out of the centre of the background. I attached the frame to my white card base using Nuvo Adhesive, then attached fun foam to the back of the smaller die cut piece and attached it again using Nuvo Adhesive.
1. In my mini Misti I stamped the flower and the leaves using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. I wanted the black ink so the flower would stand out against the background, whereas for my card yesterday, I wanted the flower to work with the background.
I used Copic Markers to colour, doing my usual technique of starting from lightest colour, working to darkest then going back down again.
2. For the leaves I used BG11, BG15 and BG45; for the flowers I used R20, R14, R17, R24 and R27; and for the flower centre I used E37 and YR24.
3. Despite having the dies, I opted to fussy cut the flower and leaves as I did not want any white border showing, only the black from the stamping.
4. I laid out where I wanted the flower and leaves and in my mini Misti I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne. I love the crisp stamping this ink gives.
5. To finish up I glued down the leaves using Nuvo Adhesive; then styled the flower slightly before attaching with foam squares. I finished with Nuvo Shimmering Pen Midas Touch on the flower centre as well as a bit at the base of each of the leaves.
Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for this card, at no extra cost to you.