I was very surprised to receive mail on Monday, which was our Victoria Day long weekend holiday. It was a package I ordered, with only a few things inside, but what I really wanted was the Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen.
Of course I decided to make a card using this new to me product. I also wanted to use my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens for a watercolour background.
1. Using Arches 140lb watercolour paper, which I held in place on my Stay-tion with the magnets.
2. Starting in the middle of the piece I applied a lot of water across the sheet from left to right for about 1 inch in depth and dropped ink from the Flamingo Pink Aqua Pen. I then tilted my Stay-tion and spritzed the ink allowing it to run down the page. I then did the same to the other side and dried the piece well.
3. I then did the same technique using the Mango Mimosa giving me that beautiful orange colour. I again dried the piece well using my heat gun.
4. Using the stencil from A Colorful Life Design I applied the Nuvo Expanding Mousse, being careful where I applied it as I did not want total coverage. I cleaned my stencil before allowing the mousse to dry, and it came off very easy in no time.
5. Using my heat gun I dried the mousse until it started to sizzle. It created a lot of texture which I just love.
6. I added some colour to the mousse using the yellow pen, and just a bit with the pink pen.
7. I then made the sentiment banner using my Penny Black Antique Frame using Arches watercolour paper. In my mini Misti I stamped the sentiment from Altenew using the VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne.
8. I matted my watercolour panel with Gina K Design Black Onyx cardstock, then attached the piece to my white card base.
9. I added the sentiment piece using foam squares, then added some Nuvo Jewel Drops in Orange Marmalade.
I very much enjoyed making this card today, and I do hope you enjoyed it as well. Thanks so much for visiting with me.
To remind you when shopping at Scrap’n Stamp remember to use my Discount Code of 10KIA and at A Colorful Life Design please use my Discount Code Kia10.
Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used today, at no extra cost for you.