I am back with you today with one of the new Penny Black Stamps. You all know I am addicted to Penny Black stamps, and this flower is so playful it is a must have.
To colour I am using pens from my Nuvo Aqua Sets which I will list below. The dies are also from Penny Black, are they not just beautiful. I am using white cardstock for the dies and for the background and card base. The background is done using the same colours found in the flower.
1. I started with stamping the flower in my mini Misti using Craft Perfect Watercolour Card A2 and stamping with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
2. For the petals I used the Lemon Zest, Mango Mimosa and touches of Flamingo Pink. I decided to add the Flamingo Pink after the yellows were dry, so I dampened the petals slightly and added the pink. I also added a watered down pink to the tag.
2a. The Mango Mimosa and Flamingo Pink are from the Surprise Party Set, and the Fresh Green is from the Spring Meadow Set, with the Lemon Zest from the Summer Holiday Set.
3. The leaves and stem are done using Fresh Green, letting it dry, then damping the leaf again and taping colour on.
4. Once completely dry I fussy cut the flower leaving no edge. I then went around the edges of the entire image with black marker, water based, as there is nothing worse than those white edges showing.
5. For the background I coloured the pens on my work surface, spritzed with water and smooshed my cardstock in the puddles. There is not a lot of water as the pens are already wet and this is cardstock.
6. I die cut the circles using cardstock. I then attached the background to my white card base, then attached the largest circle with Nuvo Adhesive, the second with thin foam squares and the third with regular foam squares, feed the flower through as I was doing this. I then added foam squares under the flower and added a few gems to finish.
I hope you have enjoyed today’s card and wish to thank you for visiting.
Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for this card today, at no extra cost for you.