Hello all. I have a different kind of card to share with you today, and I admit, I love it. I have always wanted one of those electric scooter type motor cycle, and I think this Penny Black stamp is the only way I am going to get one. And yes, being the girly girl that I am, I would have flowers too.
I coloured my bike with Copic Markers and I also use my blending marker quite a bit for the road. For some glam I added Midas Touch Shimmering Pen to the flowers, and Glitter Gloss to the headlight and back of the mirrors. It does not show up well in the picture, alas, it never does, but I also used metallic silver writing pen for highlights on the metal.
I am also using a new to me cardstock for my Copic colouring, being Hammermill Premium Colour Copy Cover. It is 100lb., 271gsm., and 100 Brightness, which is perfect for this application. It was recommended to us in a Facebook Group that I belong to. And, it is what they said it would be, awesome with Copics.
1. In my mini Misti I positioned and stamped the image using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. I started my colouring with the bike using B000, B12, B24. I start with the lightest, move to the darkest, and come back down to the lightest. I did the bike in sections to make it easier for me, as I find it easier to blend when the ink is still damp.
2. Moving on to the flowers I used RV11 and RV13; R14, R20 and R27, also YR04, YR09 and for the leaves YG03 and YG17.
3. For the muffler I used N2 and B0000, and for the tires I used N2 and N4 and a bit of C7. For the seat I used a scant amount of B0000.
4. And finally for the road I used BV25 with B000 in parts. I then blended out with my colorless marker “0” to give the textures.
5. I trimmed my cardstock to 4 x 5.25. Using the remnants of cardstock that was previously cut with a die, I used the frame like piece in the top right corner and brushed on using Make Art Blendable Ink in Forget-Me-Not ink.
5. In my mini Misti I stamped the sentiment that comes with the bike, using VersaFine Clair Ink in Paradise. I then matted with the darker blue and attached to a medium blue card base.
This was such a fun card to make, and no doubt I will be back with another card before long. I hope you have enjoyed this as well, and wish to thank you for visiting.
Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for this card today, at no extra cost to you. I thank you for your support.