I really like the way this card turned out, albeit it was by accident, which I will tell you about below.
First a bit about this card. The card base in Gina K Design Heavy Base Weight Ivory cardstock. For the flower I watercoloured using Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. This is the first time I have used the Bristol Smooth for watercolour and I must say I was impressed at how it worked out.
1. In my mini Misti I stamped the tulips using VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne on the Bristol Smooth paper. I then proceeded to watercolour using Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens in Indigo Dawn and Mango Mimosa for the flower centre from the Surprise Party Set, Azure Blue from the Winter Skies Set and Fresh Green from the Spring Meadow Set. The colour on the Tulips is from mixing the Indigo Dawn and Azure Blue together.
2. I was going to die cut the flower but then decided I did not want the border, so proceeded to fussy cut when I accidentally snipped the smaller Tulip off. Well darn, hence the design changed.
3. To change the design on my card base and using the Marvelous Masks Deckled Rectangle stencil I masked off the card and sponged on Make Art ink in Buttercup, which is one of my favourite colours. This set the focal for my new design. I then stamped the Tulips using VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne.
4. Continuing with my fussy cutting I cut apart the Tulip, cutting the leaves apart from the image. I mended my cut Tulip with a steady hand and Nuvo Adhesive, then touched the colour up.
5. With the leaves cut away I styled all the pieces, then attached the main Tulip’s using foam squares and Nuvo Adhesive. I styled the leaves and attached with the adhesive, which shows in the picture above.
6. I finished by apply Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss to the Tulip flower part then in my mini Misti using VersaFine Clair Ink in Fantasia I stamped the sentiment.
I had fun making this card and I hope you enjoy it as well. Thank you for visiting my blog.
A reminder for those shopping at A Colorful Life Design to use my Discount Code Kia10
Following are Affiliate Links for the products that I have used for this card today, at no extra cost to you.