Are you in the mood for Blue? I have a lot of blue to share today.
My friend Jeanne runs a challenge on Facebook called Art Nudge. You may know about it as I have talked about it previously. This card I did for Art Nudge #11.
This is the inspiration piece for the challenge.
I am once again using Nuvo Expanding Mousse in Worn Linen. I love this stuff, it is so fun to work with. My background is done with a loose watercolour.
1. I first die cut the pieces, the beige being Arches 140lb. Cold Press Watercolour Paper, and Navy cardstock using my Penny Black die.
2. For my water colouring I used my personal watercolour palette, using Cerulean Blue and Delft Blue. I mixed the Cerulean Blue for the lighter colour then added more pigment to get the medium colour, then dried with my heat gun.
3. Using my Stay-tion and the magents to hold the stencil in place, I applied the expanding mousse using A Colorful Life Design stencil then heated the gel using my heat gun until it sizzled …. like bacon. 🙂 I then added a bit of colour to some of the expanding mousse from my palette.
4. I layered my base card with the navy die cut panel, applied fun foam to the back of my watercolour panel using scor-pal tape and attached it to the navy background.
5. I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, then added a few Jewel Drops to finish.
A reminder: I have Discount Codes that can be used for Scrap’n Stamp, being 10KIA and for A Colorful Life Design, being Kia10.
I hope you enjoyed this card today, and wish to thank you for your visit.
Following are Affiliate Links for the products I used to create this card, at no extra cost to you.